Power Food Green Smoothie
There are all different kinds of ways to clean your body and everyone has to find the one that works for them. For me I take out added sugars, coffee, alcohol and decrease animal protein when I feel the need to cleanse. I used to buy the kits with powdered drink mixes and spend lots of money on supplements. I realized I could do it my own way with simple clean whole foods. The rest of the diet consists of lemon water, nuts, seeds, lots of vegetables, vegetable juices , beans, fruit and fish. Really not very different from how I normally eat but excluding sugar, alcohol and coffee gives my body the break it needs. When I am done I feel clean and revitalized.
This green juice smoothie is a staple all year long, not only when detoxing. It is a wonderful alkalizing way to start your day and get your body on the right track. If you have had too much sugar or acid forming meals and you want to realign yourself this juice will do it. When you increase your greens intake you decrease your desire for sugar naturally. Try it, it works!
This smoothie is a power food green smoothie for a reason. Some serious health benefits in your glass. DRINK UP!
- Spinach and Kale provides great sources of amino acids(protein), calcium, vitamin k, iron, magnesium, zinc, folate, and selenium. They are all around super foods that will boost your immune system and provide important antioxidants. Also both are great sources of fiber which will really help you clean house!
- Romaine contains vitamin c and vitamin a. These two work at preventing plaque formation on artery walls. Helps to regulate blood pressure, build blood and support body movement.
- Cucumber is highly hydrating, full of B vitamins, silica and electrolytes that help to build clear and bright skin. Cucumbers are great at fighting puffiness and bloating in the body. Great for reducing inflammation.
- Mint is a great source of vitamin c and beta carotene (vitamin a), copper, iron,potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Mint aids in digestion and helps to lower blood pressure.
- Lemon is extremely alkaline, high in vitamin c, traces of calcium, potassium and magnesium. lemons are a powerful detoxifying agent. They support liver function, purify the blood, destroy free radicals and toxins, flush out bacteria and rejuvenate skin. Great for long term weight loss.
- Parsley is also a powerful detoxifier that aids in digestion, removes toxins from the body and purifies the blood. It contains vitamin A, C, E, folate, iron and anti-oxidants.
- Green Apples are full of antioxidants that improve health. Granny smiths are great for stabilizing blood sugar, and they are high in fiber.
- Avocado contains a wide variety of nutrients including vitamin k, folate, vitamin c, potassium, vitamin b5, vitamin b6, vitamin e. They get a bad rep for being high in fat but avocados are source of healthy fat.
THE RECIPE... ALL ORGANIC IS BEST
1 QUART OF ENGLISH CUCUMBERS WASHED AND SEEDED SKIN LEFT ON
1 QUART GRANNY SMITH APPLES PEELED AND QUARTERED
1 PINT OF WATER
1 QUART OF ICE
1 QUART BABY SPINACH
1 QUART KALE LEAVES, RIBS REMOVED
1 QUART ROMAINE LEAVES
1/2 BUNCH PARSLEY
1/2 BUNCH MINT
1 WHOLE AVOCADO
STEVIA TO TASTE
Place the water, lemon and cumbers in Vita Mixer to blend. Add in ice, leafy greens, apple, parsley and mint. The avocado should be blended last. Stevia can be added to taste. If you want a sweeter drink, skip the Stevia and blend in a frozen banana, yum!
This recipe makes about 4-5 servings. They stay nicely in the fridge for up to 3 days.